Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas concert

The American Church in Paris puts on an annual holiday concert, and I've been wanting to go for the past 3 years. We finally got around to it this year (despite some initial feet-dragging) and it was so beautiful ! A gorgeous old church..

Two different hand-bell choirs (a couple of former colleagues of mine play hand bells, which is how I found out about the concert in the first place). And some singing choirs, my favorite being this youth choir who sang SO beautifully (I'll try uploading a short video once I re-size it)..

It was a beautiful, candle-lit setting. And then the entire assembly sang a round of Christmas carols at the end. I got quite emotional, and sang my little heart out ! Definitely turning this into an annual tradition..

3 comments:

Kristi said...

sounds like you guys are really into the Christmas spirit out there

thelisifamily said...

That sounds nice! Did the boys go as well?

Julie said...

Yes, all 4 of us went. I had to bribe them with a movie afterwards - A Christmas Carol in 3D ! Have you guys seen that? If not, it was good, but there were actually a few potentially scary parts for younger kids (spooky-looking ghost of Xmas..)