Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sweet 69..

My dad just turned 69 last week, so we had a nice little celebration in their backyard to kick off the season..!


Birthday presents, including a "garden boar" (think garden gnome) that I found at the store and that we all have fallen in love with. He's the new backyard mascot, keeping watch over passing neighborhood cats..


The obligatory family portrait. The flowering bush behind us smells absolutely gorgeous, and we can't for the life of us figure out what kind of plant it is..


Some birthday cognac, which was especially appreciated!


...and a close-up of the boar. Sorry, I just can't get enough of him!

2 comments:

thelisifamily said...

totally hilarious boar!!! reminded me of a funny joke Paul and I had about a wild boar we saw in Italy. Love your pictures and Happy Birthday to your dad... looked like a fun celebration. Your hair looks adorable... are your bangs more layered or different in some way? Boys look so cute, in the one with your dad, Nico looks a lot like your dad.

Julie said...

Thanks Susan! I think my cut is pretty much the same as usual, but maybe the bangs are a little longer right now.. Tell Paul that Alain & I had a real boar sighting a few weeks ago; on our way driving home from a dinner, two of them crossed the road right in front of us! (going into the woods that border the town)