It's been so wet this week, I didn't have the courage to hide eggs outdoors. But I tried to make up for it with a nice, marinated leg of lamb, roasted potatoes, red wine (OK that was for the grownups)..
A nice little improvised dessert..
And of course some luscious dark chocolate eggs complete with "indoor" rabbit!
That is so impressive in so many ways!! You always make delicious food/desserts and your table is beautiful- what is on the plates? Paul would be so jealous of the lamb- it's his favorite and i've never made it :( Also love the chocolate display-yum!!
Susan, you should totally try doing the leg of lamb - it's so easy ! I get it frozen, it's really not expensive. Then I prepare a marinade from a recipe I have (dijon mustard, olive oil, rosemary, brown sugar, garlic, etc.) and cover it with that. You prep the whole thing at least a day ahead of time and let it thaw in/out of fridge. And for the actual cooking, you just leave it in the oven for about 1.5 hours. You can even roast potatoes in the same pan. Let me know if you want me to send you the full recipe !
Yes, i want the recipe for sure- i need to redeem myself in the kitchen as usual! Where do these sprig of rosemary/tulip petal ideas come from? Martha Stewart??? I would never come up w/ such a cute idea on my own.
Ok lady, I'm emailing you the recipe later today! As for the rosemary/tulip idea, it was a very last-minute improvisation (I have rosemary in the yard, and was getting ready to throw out the bouquet of tulips.. :)
6 comments:
Happy Easter Julie...your dinner looks beautiful!
That is so impressive in so many ways!! You always make delicious food/desserts and your table is beautiful- what is on the plates? Paul would be so jealous of the lamb- it's his favorite and i've never made it :( Also love the chocolate display-yum!!
Susan, you should totally try doing the leg of lamb - it's so easy ! I get it frozen, it's really not expensive. Then I prepare a marinade from a recipe I have (dijon mustard, olive oil, rosemary, brown sugar, garlic, etc.) and cover it with that. You prep the whole thing at least a day ahead of time and let it thaw in/out of fridge. And for the actual cooking, you just leave it in the oven for about 1.5 hours. You can even roast potatoes in the same pan. Let me know if you want me to send you the full recipe !
PS: On the plates are little sprigs of rosemary from the yard, and tulip petals from a fading bouquet.
Yes, i want the recipe for sure- i need to redeem myself in the kitchen as usual! Where do these sprig of rosemary/tulip petal ideas come from? Martha Stewart??? I would never come up w/ such a cute idea on my own.
Ok lady, I'm emailing you the recipe later today! As for the rosemary/tulip idea, it was a very last-minute improvisation (I have rosemary in the yard, and was getting ready to throw out the bouquet of tulips.. :)
Post a Comment