Monday, November 15, 2010

Progress in the neighborhood..


Ok, so this is why I deserved a trip to Thailand ;-) Here's a glimpse of my progress in what will be my parents' bedroom in the new French house.. This first picture is what it looked like when the former owner was still there - lovely, no?


After phase one, which involved tearing down 2 layers of stubborn wallpaper:


Phase two: walls get a new coat of plaster (I found a foolproof kind that even I was able to apply!) Baseboards & radiator get several coats of white paint..


And here's what it looks like now, after 2 coats of beige on the walls and clean, white ceilings:


Next phase: installing wood flooring to replace the yucky old carpet (but that job will go to Alain!) Also, at some point we (meaning my dad) will add some trim/molding to perfect the look of the walls. To be continued..!

2 comments:

Anne said...

it's looking great! can you make me a french house??

thelisifamily said...

wow, that's a huge project and so satisfying to see the good results already (easy for me to say as i sit and observe the process :))